This week, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the finalized regulations for three different CY 2018 Medicare payment rules that impact emergency physicians.
- Provides up to a 5% bonus on clinician’s final MIPS score based on patient acuity
- Increases low volume exemption
Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- Did not finalize proposal that would have cut RVUs for Emergency Physicians
- Will review future RUC recommendations before considering this in future rulemaking
Outpatient Payment System
- Pulled back proposal to make ED throughput of psychiatric patients a reportable measure. The information will still be available on data.medicare.gov for research and officials but will not be on the website for the general public.