Wellness Tips for Emergency Physicians
POSTED: January 30th, 2017
POSTED IN: January/February 2017,
ACEP’s Emergency Medicine Wellness Week may be over but the tips and information provided should be a focus year-round for your health and the health of your co-workers. Below you will find some of the tips provided by ACEP, but please go online to the ACEP wellness section to get a complete list of tips and resources.
Tips to Improve Your Physical Well-Being
- Increase healthy food intake – such as fruits, nuts, vegetables, grains and water. Try a new and fun, healthy food.
- Try a new type of exercise you might enjoy – yoga, Zumba, circuit training
- Set an alarm to GO TO bed
Tips to Make or Rekindle Connections
- Write a letter to someone you want to thank, or offer an apology, then personally deliver the letter.
- Learn to meditate, use online resources or take a class
- Volunteer to do something for which you have a passion
Tips for Career Enhancement
- Structure an action at work to improve work environment in the trenches
- Each day write out one reason you chose Emergency Medicine as your career
- Read a book on leadership or learn a new leadership tactic
- Do self-monitoring on personal wellness